discuss: No Warranty License.

Rod Dixon, J.D., LL.M. rdixon at cyberspaces.org
Fri Feb 28 00:42:00 UTC 2003

One way around this apparent conundrum is adopt the suggestion in OSD. Point
out the restriction that may exist, but do not actually incorporate the
tersm of the restriction in your license.

5. No Discrimination Against Persons or Groups
The license must not discriminate against any person or group of persons.

  Rationale: In order to get the maximum benefit from the process, the
maximum diversity of persons and groups should be equally eligible to
contribute to open sources. Therefore we forbid any open-source license from
locking anybody out of the process.

  Some countries, including the United States, have export restrictions for
certain types of software. An OSD-conformant license may warn licensees of
applicable restrictions and remind them that they are obliged to obey the
law; however, it may not incorporate such restrictions itself.

Rod
rod at cyberspaces.org
http://www.cyberspaces.org/dixon/
My papers on the Social Science Research Network (SSRN) are available
through the following url: http://papers.ssrn.com/author=240132