For Approval: CUA Office Public License

Danese Cooper Danese.Cooper at Sun.COM
Sun Dec 21 23:36:47 UTC 2003

Actually John I think you misunderstand the SISSL (see exerpt of section
3.1 below which states that source covered under the SISSL can ONLY be
distributed under the SISSL and as well that additional restrictions may
not be imposed).  I notice further that MozPL 1.1 has a similar clause,
so not sure why you think its okay to sublicense MozPL covered code
"under any license".  Inability to recombine Mozilla code with GPL'd
code was one of the main reasons Mozilla.org community decided to
tri-license.

"3.1 Application of License.
The Source Code version of Original Code may be distributed only under
the terms of this License or a future version of this License released
under Section 6.1, and You must include a copy of this License with
every copy of the Source Code You distribute. You may not offer or
impose any terms on any Source Code version that alters or restricts the
applicable version of this License or the recipients' rights hereunder..."

Also be advised that the complete OO.o codebase is dual-licensed under
the LGPL and SISSL.  There are no "various parts" under the LGPL.

Danese