Which License should I pick?

Mahesh T. Pai paivakil at vsnl.net
Thu Dec 4 09:32:35 UTC 2003

Scott Long said on Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 02:22:54PM -0800,:

 > derived work, then I've just made a "binary only" distribution of Emacs,
 > therefore violating the GPL. This would mean that in order to exchange
 > such snapshots, people would have to make the source code to Emacs
 > available from the same location, correct?

<snip>

 > instructions from the original binary on disk. My format is different --
 > it only contains the DIFFERENCES between what is in memory and what is on
 > disk. So I'm wondering if my snapshots are derived works or not.

So,  your program  creates something  similar  to the  diff comand  on
*nixes, as I  gather. It seems to me that  Your difference file cannot
be used for any purpose.

If so, your difference file is  neither a work, nor a derived work and
the question is a non-issue.

--

  Mahesh T. Pai, LL.M.,
  'NANDINI', S. R. M. Road,