discuss: Update for Submitted License

Mahesh T Pai paivakil at vsnl.net
Fri Sep 20 12:15:15 UTC 2002

Stefan Wachter wrote:

> project without limitations.

Violates OSD #1 & #6.

> product (propably another open source development) only if this license is
> distributed with the non-commercial product.

Typo there - you probably meant "probably"
This one too violates OSD #1 & #6.

> of the Copyright Holder.

Once, again, against OSD #1 and #7.

If I modify *my* copy, why should I notify anybody?  Issue of telling the world
I modified it arises only if I redistribute.  Is it not?

> Freely Available,

Place the modifications in public domain?

> other (possibly commercial) programs as part of a larger (possibly
> commercial) software distribution provided that you do not advertise this
> Package as a product of your own.</p>

I feel that author's objectives should be redefined before the license is
re-written.

Regards,
Mahesh T. Pai.