discuss: Modified Artistic License (eNetwizard Content Application Server)

Bruce Dodson bruce_dodson at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 4 20:17:54 UTC 2002

In one of my licenses, I use the phrase "the copyright holders and
contributing authors" instead of my own name, in the disclaimers.  The BSD
license says "copyright holders and contributors", and the AFL goes one step
further, saying "licensor, contributors, and copyright owners".  (I think
"licensor" might be important for AFL due to the embedded patent license -
the licensor might have a patent on the software, and might not be a
copyright holder.  However this is just a guess.)

I am not a lawyer,
Bruce