click-wrap is legally supportable?

James E. Harrell, Jr. jharrell at copernicusllc.com
Mon Oct 28 14:56:13 UTC 2002

Russ-

Very interesting. And (though again, I'm more of a technical guy, not a
legal
guy) the implications seem to go deeper than this. Supposing a developer
on my team, who has no authority to enter into contracts for my company,
builds a portion of our product using a GPL'd product. Or, even further
down the food chain, supposing I license a product from a 3rd party vendor,
and a member of *that* company used a GPL'd product without company consent
(and thus their product is not GPL'd).

Since my *company* has not consented on either occasion- does the license
hold?

Regards,
James

ps: I'm definitely playing devil's advocate here- not trying to figure out
a way around the license. :)