Copyright

Ken Brown kenbrown at erols.com
Thu Oct 24 18:34:44 UTC 2002

Ownership is control to me.  Courts would agree.  If you waive your
ownership, you waive your control...vice versa.  Copyright is control
whether you like it or not.  Second, I cannot understand how you can connect
the derivative works clause in the GPL to permissions and rights expected by
copyright enforcement courts in this country.

Lets say I write a code that disables the function of an F1 key.  Even
though its an error, I distribute my code under the strict terms that say
you cannot fix this problem.  I GPL the code.  The GPL says that owners can
make the modification.  Copyright or not, explain to me how I could possibly
forbid anyone from making the change?

kb