Copyright

Ken Brown kenbrown at erols.com
Thu Oct 24 18:13:03 UTC 2002

The inherent standard in court for copyright is ownership and control.  The
GPL negates your individual permissions.  In addition, you revoke all rights
to control distribution.  Sure you can say that there is a copyright, but to
me its like claiming ownership of air. Read the copyright restrictions that
lawyers right for copyrighted work.  They insist on 100% control of any and
every alteration and permission on ALL distribution.  The GPL is the
opposite.

kb