Simplified Artistic License [osd]

Robert Samuel White webmaster at enetwizard.net
Tue Oct 8 18:18:58 UTC 2002

Okay, this is getting out of hand.

Russ, the reference you made to my license in your most recent post is
from an older version of the proposed license.  And I am not merely
seeking to put my NAME on the license -- as I have stated several times
now.

Please refer to my recent posts and you would see that:

- First and foremost, I want a license which is less complicated than
the existing licenses.

- Second, I want changes to my source code to be properly documented.

- Third, I want to prevent my name and the name of my product from being
used as an endorsement I did not give.  (On this point it is very
similar to you wanting to prevent others from using OSI certification
marks as endorsements you did not approve.)

- And fourth, I want the license approved as a TEMPLATE so it can be
FREELY USED BY ANY ONE.

How can you so blindly make accusations that are false, and at best,
outdated?

Refer to the original post with this same subject line.

Thank you.