Procedure for using an approved license

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Mon Oct 7 02:03:04 UTC 2002

On Sunday 06 October 2002 02:10 pm, Dave Nelson wrote:
> I wish to use the Mozilla 1.1 license, but don't know the exact
> procedures here.
>
> I copied the Mozilla 1.1 license from your site, replace 'Netscape' with
> my company, and 'Mozilla' with my product, and Netscape trademarks with
> mine. No other changes were made. Then added a line under the title
> stating:

You did too much unnecessary work. The MPL is sufficiently "templatized" that
you don't need to do all this.

You only need to change the words "Mozilla" and "Netscape" if you make a
derivative license of the MPL. This does not seem to be your intent.

Far simpler: Just fill in EXHIBIT A with your name, software, etc., and you
are done!

You *do* want to keep the name "Mozilla Public License", because people
already know what it is and what rights it confers. Changing the name will
only cause confusion.

--
David Johnson