Is the OpenMap license Open Source?

Colin 't Hart cthart at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 20 12:52:22 UTC 2002

Hi,

I hope this is the right place to ask this question.

At http://www.openmap.org/ it is claimed that
the OpenMap(TM) package is Open Source. Wandering
over to www.opensource.org I find this claim no
longer means what it used to, and that it doesn't
mean that much if it doesn't say 'OSI Certified'.

I was wondering if OpenMap's license
(http://openmap.bbn.com/license.html)
was being considered by OSI for certification?

In particular I'm not sure what some clauses entail
(such as clauses 3 and 9) and whether there is
anything that's in this license that would be
an impediment to OSI certification?

Such certification would give me the peace-of-mind
that it is worth creating derivative works of
software under this license.

Thanks for any help,

Colin