W3C Patent Policy

Seth Johnson seth.johnson at RealMeasures.dyndns.org
Fri Nov 15 17:29:37 UTC 2002

Mahesh T Pai wrote:

> > The community now needs to be heard supporting this policy so that
> > it is not undone during the public input and W3C Advisory Council
> > phase. Address your comments to www-patentpolicy-comment at w3.org.
>
> Will you please explain that?  I mean what is likely to happen to
> 'undo' the achievements.
>
> Also, please clarify in what way you expect further support from the
> community.  (may be, you can tell us a point or two we should tell the
> W3C).

Here's a bit from Eben Moglen that might offer some
insight.  The final vote was contentious, with some
as-yet-unnamed participant(s) raising the question of how
they could resign from the Patent Policy Working Group.

See the very nondescript "minutes" here:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-patentpolicy-comment/2002Nov/0000.html

Seth Johnson