Plan 9 license

Mike Nordell tamlin at algonet.se
Mon Nov 4 00:43:35 UTC 2002

Lewis Collard wrote:

> > > The Plan 9 license forbids personal modification
> >
> > I agree, but so does the OSL 1.0, which is Open Source (the
> > OSL 1.1 does not have this problem).
>
> Then I disagree with the certification of the OSL v1.0 as Open Source.

Count me in. If I can't modify the software for which I have the source
code, what point would it be in having it? Verifying that it contains bugs
I'm not allowed to fix?!

By giving someone access to the source code, you have also given them the
option of rebuilding the software themselves. If soneone finds an error in
named source, why on earth would any sane person want to stop that someone
from fixing the bug for his/hers personal binary/binaries?

/Mike