a proposed change to the OSD

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Sun Nov 3 19:20:55 UTC 2002

On Sunday 03 November 2002 02:42 am, Nathan Kelley wrote:

> "Imagine, if you will, that a large proprietary software firm (or
> consortium) wishes to destroy open source software. If they can require
> that all software come with a warranty, the job is done -- time will
> cook the soup."

No problem. Though I use the standard BSD license with disclaimer, I would
have no problem offering a warranty. "If for any reason you are dissatisfied
with the software, the purchase price paid to the author will be refunded in
full."

Of course, I give my software away. But even commercial Open Source companies
should be able to do at least that.

Liability is a different kettle of fish entirely.

--
David Johnson