OSD modification regarding what license can require of

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Fri Mar 15 06:17:20 UTC 2002

On Thursday 14 March 2002 09:34 pm, Forrest J. Cavalier III wrote:
> David Johnson wrote...
>
> > On Wednesday 13 March 2002 10:40 pm, Forrest J. Cavalier III wrote:
> > > I just want to point out that there is one license
> > > already approved which has a "public performance"
> > > clause like Bruce gave as an example..
> > >
> > > The OSI approved the APSL, with clauses 2.2c-d, which require
> > > publication of sources upon "deployment."
> >
> > You don't have the APSL quite right. Clause 2.2d only applies to "Your
> > Deployed Modifications."
>
> Of course.  The discussion was how to get modified
> source code published when someone is operating as an ASP.
> What part did I misunderstand?

I'm sorry, it appears to be my mistake. I had assumed (ass-u-me) that the
discussion was more about than just modifications, but copying and usage as
well. Such acts could still be of a concern in the ASP issue.

In addition, you did mention "public performance", and that didn't fit with
the APSL.

--
David Johnson