OSD modification regarding what license can require of

Forrest J. Cavalier III mibsoft at mibsoftware.com
Thu Mar 14 07:21:52 UTC 2002

> No, I want this to fit in one paragraph. This is something more than
> "The license must not place any restrictions on use", but not much
> more. Something in the form of "The only permissible use restrictions
> are X, Y, and Z. Goals that I can't fit in such a simple form will
> probably not be achieved.

Perhaps appropriate phrasing would be along the lines of

  "The rights to use the program must not be conditional,
   except for conditions on uses performed in service
   to any non-licensed party."

(Based on your other messages, you have a few goals in mind,
so this is incomplete.  Maybe you need to tack on a few more
"except for" clauses.)