request for approval of APOSSL

dave sag dave.sag at pronoic.com
Wed Mar 6 21:48:25 UTC 2002

okay, sorry to be a pedant.  this will be the last post on this OT
thread from me.

At 4:27 PM -0500 6/3/02, Matthew C. Weigel wrote:
>On Wednesday, March 6, 2002, at 03:41 p, dave sag wrote:
>
>>nice try but quines make sense. your response makes no sense.
>
>He made a small mistake: what he meant was...
>
>"Will be rejected when approval is asked" will be rejected when approval
>is asked.

way off the mark i'm afraid Matthew as from what i can gather the
quoted part of a quine should make sense on its own.

and for what it's worth

"makes no sense on its own," makes no sense on its own.

>"Is OK as long as you don't want our stamp of approval" is OK as long as
>you don't want our stamp of approval.
>
>It's a quine, it's a valid English sentence, and it expresses the
>opinions of a lot of the people who have commented[1].

It may be valid English but once again it's not really a quine as the
semantics are garbage. also the quoted part does not need the word
'Is'. you are stretching the point so much it has broken.

dave