UnitedLinux and "open source"

Andy Tai lichengtai at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 7 19:04:51 UTC 2002

Ah-haa... See the problem with the name "Open Source"?
I hope people in Brazil you just use the name
"software livre" for Open Source and avoid all the
problems in the English language.  I hope the OSI
adapts the name "software libre" and "software livre"
as the official translation of the term Open Source in
Spanish and Portuguese and avoid any literal
translation of "Open Source" in these languages.

If the software is "livre", in spirit, it should be
libre whether it is in binary or source.  I can share
binaries or source with my neighbor.