Open Software License version 1.0

Andy Tai lichengtai at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 29 03:49:51 UTC 2002

What is "Open software"?  Maybe a more specific name
should be used...

So "open software license" can be applied to other
than software.  Then why is it called a software
license?  GPL can be applied to other things too, see
the WebGPL.

Should the OSI stay out of the license publishing
game?  OSI judges licenses are Open Source or not.
OSI should not itself get into the license making
business.
(This license says it is published by the OSI)

The license is not GPL compatible---trying to create
another body of code "copylefted" under its own
conditions---not good for the community.