OOPS License 0.1 (GPL compatibility)

Gerjon de Vries gerjon at euronet.nl
Mon Jul 15 07:49:53 UTC 2002

>On Mon, 15 Jul 2002 00:16:02  0200 Florian Weimer <fw at deneb.enyo.de> wrote.
>"Gerjon de Vries" <gerjon at pointbreak.biz> writes:
>
>> Additionally, I have added terms to allow relicensing under the GPL.
>
>Some people believe that Choice-of-law clauses are incompatible with
>the GPL.

The OOPSL allows one to relicense the covered code under the terms of the
GPL (is the only way to make a license compatible with the GPL).
Effectively, the terms of the OOPSL won't apply anymore. So I do not see why
a choice-of-law clause in the OOPSL would be a problem. Moreover, there is
no choice of law under OOPSL licensed work: the applicable law is fixed on
release of the Original Code.

Gerjon