Approval request for BXAPL

Abe Kornelis abe at bixoft.nl
Sun Jul 7 18:50:58 UTC 2002

I just noticed I sent this reply without cc-ing the mailing list :-(
Therefore now resending with apologies.
Abe F. Kornelis.

From: Forrest J. Cavalier III <mibsoft at mibsoftware.com>

> The definition (at General #2) is as follows, and is formatted
> thusly:
>     Contributor:
>           Any Distributor and/or
>           any User supplying any Modifications and/or Derivatives
>           and/or Dependent Software in any form to the Copyright
>           Holder, but not to any User(s).
>
> That makes it clear that every "Distributor" is a "Contributor"

It was intended that "Distributor" designate anyone who redistributes
the Software, with or without stuff of his/her own. This would include
the Copyright Holder.
A "Contributor" was intended to designate anyone who either
redistributes the Software, with or without stuff of his/her own,
or who supplies home-grown stuff to the Copyright Holder.

Thus, as I intended it, a Distributor is *by definition* always
a Contributor also, but a Contributor would not be a Distributor
if that Contributor does not distribute the Software and/or
the homegrown stuff associated with it.

I hope this clears things up a bit.
If anyone thinks this explanation is inadequate or
not matching with the lecense text, please let me know.

Kind regards, Abe F. Kornelis.