Approval request for BXAPL

Forrest J. Cavalier III mibsoft at mibsoftware.com
Wed Jul 3 22:15:57 UTC 2002

> > Also, as written, I think this definition includes
> > compilers and linkers (and more!  run-time ld? ) as
> > Source code.
>
> ld is not a Source file.

The BXAPL says
"Source Code" is  "... and any other files or members needed to
   create the executables required to properly execute the Software"

What if special features of ld are used?  What if special features
of MSVC are used in the source code?

gcc is really-high quality software now, but if you dig into any
complicated piece of software at least 10 years old, you can probably
locate well-commented code written a certain way to avoid triggering some
gcc bug.  Am I allowed to put a note on the source code which says:
"Only compiles with MSVC 6.0 and later."?

(I think I know your intent, but that doesn't match how I read
the license.)