Approval request for BXAPL

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Wed Jul 3 12:56:49 UTC 2002

> Item 16: I could be completely wrong here, but a) seems to effectively
> create a situation where patent holders would pay others for use of
> their own patents, while all third parties would be allowed to continue
> infringement - with the only alternative being to withdraw the claim. Is
> this correct? While I would love to see some large patent holders taken
> down a peg or two, I believe this will be ruled unenforceable should it
> ever get to court.

To state this paragraph clearly, it just says how this license will
terminate between the patent holder and the copyright holder fo the
software (with this license). The possibility to pay is a way to avoid
more problems with the patent. If the solution is not reached, then the
patent claimer loses all the rights given by the license. (and then the
legal action, not covered by BXAPL, will start)

"patent holders would pay others for use of their own patents"

Not the patent, but the software covered by the BXAPL.