Advertising Clauses in Licenses

Lawrence E. Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Mon Jan 21 17:34:10 UTC 2002

I now understand and appreciate the distinction you are drawing.  Thanks
for the clarification.

But I still have a concern.  I have always argued that we should review
and approve licenses according to a published standard.  This prevents
us from being (or appearing to be) arbitrary and capricious.  So where
in the OSD, or in the GPL, do we make it clear that potentially
burdensome license requirements (however those are defined) are not
allowed?

/Larry Rosen