Advertising Clauses in Licenses

Lawrence E. Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Mon Jan 21 17:29:28 UTC 2002

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#DistributeWithSourceOnInternet
> et seqq.

I see where the gnu.org site comments on that.  But I see no such
restrictions in the GPL itself.  "Not every user is on a network."  ????
Every user that wants source is *now* on the Internet.  The license
provisions rule.

Please note that I'm not necessarily recommending this as a standard
procedure.  I was just trying to suggest an alternative for those who
complain that they can't fit all the required notices on a file on disk
along with the software.  That has to be a subset of a subset of a
subset of distributors.

/Larry Rosen

--
John Cowan           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
cowan at ccil.org
Please leave your values        |       Check your assumptions.  In
fact,
   at the front desk.           |          check your assumptions at the
door.
     --sign in Paris hotel      |            --Miles Vorkosigan