open source licenses and algorithms

Patrik Wallstrom pawal at blipp.com
Mon Jan 21 12:07:38 UTC 2002

I know this has been up for discussion before, but I didn't really follow
the thread, and I want to know some extra things.

Is there any current open source licenses that can enforce the software to
follow an exact algorithm (as provided by the copyright owner) and
protocol? Does any of the licenses also prohibit a name change of the
software package?

Would any of this be possible by creating a new license, and have this
license be approved by the OSI? The "Derived Works" clause does not
exactly prohibit these kind of things.

--
patrik_wallstrom->foodfight->pawal at blipp.com->+46-709580442