NCSA Open Source License

Lawrence E. Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Thu Jan 17 22:38:20 UTC 2002

Bruce, the so-called "advertising" clause in the Apache license is
extremely important.  As I stated in one of my columns in Linux Journal,
trademark protection is, in some respects, even more important to open
source companies than copyright protection.  If that clause is, as you
called it, "generally-deprecated," I suggest that those who call it that
are misinformed.  /Larry Rosen