NCSA Open Source License

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Thu Jan 17 04:03:17 UTC 2002

Bruce Perens writes:
 > Yes, I saw the present advertising clause. It's close to being a no-op, but
 > if you want it there, I guess I can't make much headway in this. Well, what
 > do you folks plan to do when faced with yet another BSD/MIT license?

Approve it.  We judge licenses by one set of criteria: the OSD.  We
do, it is admitted, sometimes attempt to convince people to use an
existing license.  Feel free to try this with NCSA.  If you can't,
though, we'll just have to approve it.

--
-russ nelson              http://russnelson.com | One has to kill more people
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | to stop them from following