QuantLib License 1.0 submitted for OSD branding

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Sat Jan 12 02:49:42 UTC 2002

On Friday 11 January 2002 02:04 am, Karsten M. Self wrote:

> > There is no need to. It now follows the approved BSD license. In my
> > *layman* opinion, you have met all the requirements for OSI
> > certification.
>
> In _my_ lay opinion, any language change must be approved, but the
> approval should be trivial.

>From the BSD license at OSI: "The following is a BSD license template. To
generate your own license, change the values of OWNER, ORGANIZATION and YEAR
from their original values as given here, and substitute your own."

>From what I can see, that's all the QuantLib license did. This creates a new
license, but it's a new license for the software, not necessarily a new
license that needs approval.

Otherwise, *everyone* that uses the BSD license needs to acquire separate OSI
approval for their software.

--
David Johnson