I don't mean to whine, but

Matthew C. Weigel weigel at libcom.com
Wed Feb 27 00:45:07 UTC 2002

On Tuesday, February 26, 2002, at 06:31 p, Russell Nelson wrote:

> I don't mean to whine, but nobody has said a word about these
> licenses:
>
> http://crynwr.com/cgi-bin/ezmlm-
> cgi?3:mss:4875:200202:kdeehglcnnehcgmipifk

"Identical to the Apache Software License..." assuming that
description is correct (there is neither a URL nor an available
attachment), I don't see a need to comment.

> http://crynwr.com/cgi-bin/ezmlm-
> cgi?3:mss:4881:200202:keniicngdgcgjmjgdnoi

Looks fine, although it's worth pointing out that they might have
to go to court to get 'bug fixes' - what one person calls a bug,
another person calls a feature (so fixing that bug might be
"removing that feature").

I think.  It's hard to tell, since I can't find that post in my
archives and your webbing software helpfully removes all
attachments (like the license).

> http://crynwr.com/cgi-bin/ezmlm-
> cgi?3:mss:4860:200202:pdjhhikmglggeanafjcc

<separate message>

> This list was set up so that "outsiders" could have veto power over
> licenses.

That statement neither reflects the original stated purpose for
this list, nor the manner in which it's been used in the past by
the OSI.

weigel at libcom.com