Advertising Clauses in Licenses

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Sat Feb 9 20:50:15 UTC 2002

From: Russell Nelson <nelson at crynwr.com>
Bruce Perens writes:
 > I think there needs to be language added to the OSD, protecting
 > the user and developer from odd burdens that the licensor wishes to impose
 > upon them.

Russ Nelson:
> Are you volunteering to write this language yourself, or volunteering
> someone else?

I'd be happy to write the first draft and coordinate comments and changes
to it. Of course it would be a group project as I'd need to consult lots of
people - attorneys, community leaders, a discussion list, etc.

I suspect that some of the things I am worried about fail the current OSD
under "use" restrictions, but not as explicitly as I'd like.

	Thanks

	Bruce