The Simple Permissive License, v0.1

Tina Gasperson tina at gasperson.com
Sat Feb 9 15:18:30 UTC 2002

On Friday 08 February 2002 02:07 pm, Zooko wrote:
> Folks:

> Right now, I think that if the SPL can't get shorter than it is now, then
> it would be better that it didn't exist and people can continue using one
> of the BSD-new/X11/MIT/Expat licenses.  However, if it can get shorter,
> perhaps even by eliminating the preservation-of-license or
> disclaimer-of-warranty parts, then it would be worth having as an option
> for those people who love simplicity and permissiveness.
> Please direct all comments to <zooko at zooko.com>.

Since I'm an editor, I love chopping words out. This won't fly with many
folks, though, because of the lack of legalese.

"Everyone is permitted to use, modify, and redistribute this software,
provided the above copyright notice and this permission notice are included
with all copies, modifications, and redistributions."

This takes it from 46 words to 27 words.

Tina G.