Approval Request for Publishing Translations

Yale Wu yanjunwu at sonata.iscas.ac.cn
Mon Dec 23 17:11:41 UTC 2002

hi,

I hope authors of each license approved by OSI could pay attention to this Email.

I have translated all the licenses in OSI approved license list
into Chinese(simplified). After careful review and correction, I want to
publish the translations as a license manual. I hereby need the grant of
all the authors of these licenses.

	Here I guarantte that:

	1. I will put the manual only in education and research use.

	2. I will put the translations on websites and let everyone freely
	download them after they have been published.

	3. I will give a prominent notice, to state that only the English
	versions published on the OSI website are the official versions.
	No one should take the translations as a legal basis.

	4. I will list all the original authors' names in a copyright notice
	to state who is the original author of each license.

If you AGREE to grant me the right to translate your work and publish the result,
please send me a note in following format:

"
Yanjun Wu, Yufang Sun:
	I am the copyright owner of the $LicenseName. I will let you translate
	that(those) license(s) and publish the result provided that:
	1. You must put the manual in education and research use only.
	2. You must  put the translations on websites and let everyone freely
	download them after they have been published.
	3. You must  give a prominent notice, to state that only the English
	versions published on the OSI website are the official versions.
	No one should take the translation as a legal basis.
	4. You should list all the original authors' names in a copyright notice
	to state who is the original author of each license.
								$YourFullName
								$DATE
"

Else if you DISAGREE, please let me know.
(I really don't want to see this happen.
The translation is the result of my three months' hard working.)

Thank you for reading so much. I am looking forward your reply.

Yale Wu 	Dec.24, 2002