Mac Developers

Steve Mallett steve at opensourcedirectory.com
Tue Aug 27 00:55:26 UTC 2002

Sure, this is a bit off-topic..

With all the hub-bub surrounding OS X these days I note and ask:

There are largely few open source mac apps.

Have mac developers:
1) Been ignored in talking about opensource,
2) been conscientious objecters,
3) not given a crap,
4) All of the above?

The apps I've been looking at seem to fall equally into shareware (pay
me later) or freeware with restrictive redistribution terms (don't
embarrass me by associating your crappy mod with myself or my work
without my permission)

What has or hasn't happened here?
--

Steve Mallett | http://OSDir.com | Stable, Open Source Apps.
		Now O'Reilly-ized!
steve at opensourcedirectory.com | webmaster at opensource.org
http://open5ource.net <personal>

"The more I contemplate death and my mortality, the
more it inspires me to live my life like a work of art."
				-Brian Clifton