Open Source Click-Wrap Notice

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Thu Aug 8 02:19:10 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 07 August 2002 01:09 pm, Carol A. Kunze wrote:

> The user pays for the license to use, not for title to the program.

I have a sales receipt for Windows ME that says "Windows ME". It doesn't say
"License to use Windows ME." I have a shrink-wrapped box that says "Windows
Millennium Edition". It doesn't say "License to use Windows Millenium
Edition." The CD within the box says... Well, you get the idea. Both
Microsoft and their authorized retailer communicated to me that I was
purchasing a product called "Windows Millennium Edition." If I have not
purchased title to a copy of Windows, then Microsoft and their authorized
retailer have severely misrepresented the product.

--
David Johnson