A new "use" clause in the OSD

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Wed Aug 7 19:09:05 UTC 2002

Brian Behlendorf writes:
 > While the whole business of expanding the OSD in this area still
 > smells rotten to me,

Why?  There's nothing in the OSD that clearly prohibits restrictions
on use.  Twice now we've had people submit restrictions on
modifications which would cause a mechanical circular dispersion of
feces if we had approved them.  We've stretched the meaning of one of
the OSD terms to do it, but the current board doesn't want to have to
do that (my interpretation), and I don't blame them.  Um, "us", I mean.

--
-russ nelson              http://russnelson.com |  New Internet Acronym:
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok |