Open Source Click-Wrap Notice

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Wed Aug 7 05:50:18 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 06 August 2002 03:12 pm, Lawrence E. Rosen wrote:

> You understand and agree
> that the installation, use ... of this software may be prohibited
> by law unless you agree to the applicable licenses.

Huh? I keep seeing this assumption that there is a law prohibiting the
installation and use of software, but I can't find any facts on the matter.
Can anyone provide me with evidence that the author can prohibit the
recipient from executing the software or its installer? What is the legal
foundation for the author to claim the exclusive right of use?

Inquiring minds want to know...

--
David Johnson