A practical example of a click-wrap license

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Mon Aug 5 19:46:11 UTC 2002

Lawrence E. Rosen scripsit:

> You've made an excellent suggestion.  Here's a possible wording of a
> distribution click-wrap notice.  I do not consider this wording
> authoritative or final and I encourage suggestions:

Now, however, two versions of the program must exist: one that demands
confirmation on installation, one that exists as part of a distribution
and doesn't.  The effort to make sure that the clickless version of the
program doesn't leak out is going to be substantial.  In addition,
distribution via tarball is going to become impossible (when do you
demand the confirmation) despite the way that it is still the primary
method of distributing source code.

--
John Cowan                                <jcowan at reutershealth.com>
http://www.reutershealth.com              http://www.ccil.org/~cowan