A practical example of a click-wrap license

'Bruce Perens' bruce at perens.com
Mon Aug 5 15:39:29 UTC 2002

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 07:55:45AM -0400, John Cowan wrote:
> The similarity is not legal but practical: neither requirement scales.
> My point was that we have excluded certain license requirements on purely
> practical grounds before.

This is the critical issue for me as well.

The only approach that I can think of that does scale would be a
click-through regarding licenses in the aggregate rather than a signular
license. This could be done when a distribution installs, or on something
else than Linux, when a package installer is first instantiated on
a system.

	Thanks

	Bruce