YAPL is bad (was: Re: Backlog assistance?)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Sep 24 14:38:42 UTC 2001

Ah, the Rainbow-Coloured Fruit Company lobby speaketh.

begin Rob Myers (robmyers at mac.com) quotation:

> Can people claiming (or wishing) to represent opensource.org please
> act like professionals in dealing with issues they regard as annoying.

Are you perchance talking to me?[1]  If so, you appear to be having some
difficulty distinguishing me from the gentleman who compared me to RMS on
the basis of my initials.

It is quite bad enough to get that kind of sniping from the person I was
talking with; subsequently having you casting faux moralism from the
sidelines at the wrong party is a bit much.

> Well, that's the GPL out for starters.

I think you need to re-read the GPL, and comprehend the key point, which
I already underlined for the benefit of any laggards, about its "forcing
provision" being activated solely by public distribution.

[1] In case you are also having a difficult time understanding domain
names, I represent linuxmafia.com:  We make you an offer you can afford.

-
Cheers,     "Learning Java has been a slow and tortuous process for me.  Every
Rick Moen   few minutes, I start screaming 'No, you fools!" and have to go
rick at linuxmafia.com       read something from _Structure and Interpretation of
            Computer Programs' to de-stress."   -- The Cube, www.forum3000.org