Clarification, please

Daniel MD IM-Thinking at clix.pt
Mon Sep 10 13:41:38 UTC 2001

At 15:45 09-09-2001 -0400, you wrote:
>The first paragraph of http://www.opensource.org/licenses/index.html
>states:
>
>"For your convenience, we have collected here copies of the licenses
>approved by OSI. If you distribute your software under one of these
>licenses, you are permitted to say that your software is "OSI Certified
>Open Source Software.""
>
>However, if I choose to distribute my software under the Apache license,
>I clearly don't want to use the verbatim license.  How much leeway do I
>have in modifying the wording of a license derived from one of the
>canonical forms while still claiming to distribute my software under the
>terms of that license?

Well, i suppose you have to keep the same terms, and give the same rights,
Just change the name and dates of the license and keep the rest of the wording.

This is NOT an Official response.

Thank You for your time, Best Regards, and Have a Nice Day...
Daniel MD [DanielMD at im-thinking.com] of IM-Thinking Consulting.