RealNetworks' RTSP Proxy License

sambc at nights.force9.co.uk sambc at nights.force9.co.uk
Thu Sep 6 09:36:20 UTC 2001

>YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SOFTWARE ACKNOWLEDGES THAT YOU HAVE READ
>THIS LICENSE, UNDERSTAND IT, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS AND
>CONDITIONS.  IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT, DO
>NOT USE THE SOFTWARE.

IANAL, but my understanding from this list, and otehr sources, is that use of software is not a reserved right and therefore cannot be used to signal agreement. Only the exercising of granted rights, which must be ones initially reserved, cna be used to signal agreement. I might be wrong of course, and if this is already used in open source approved license ignore me (but please tell me you are doing so)

Sam Barnett-Cormack