W3C license

Matthew C. Weigel weigel+ at pitt.edu
Wed Sep 5 21:39:25 UTC 2001

On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Given the current process, that is most likely true.  But since
> I do not believe the current process is as good as it could be,
> I do not consider that truth to be an absolute one.

Neither do I.

> Possible improvement #1: if the load is too much for the
> current volunteer base.. get more volunteers.

This has been said many times, by myself and others.  We can't make
them pull more people in.

> Um, judging from the threads of the last fortnight, that just
> ain't happening with the current model.

Sure it is, to the extent that much of anything is happening with the
current model.

More volunteers would help, but keeping the work load down for however
many volunteers they do have is still valuable.

I think we agree on everything but the value of trying to get the
current process more effective over doing a complete overhaul.
--
 Matthew Weigel
 Research Systems Programmer
 mcweigel at cs.cmu.edu ne weigel at pitt.edu