Intel's proposed BSD + Patent License

DIETRICH Yann FTRD/VAT/ISS yann.dietrich at rd.francetelecom.com
Tue Oct 30 17:28:09 UTC 2001

Is there anyone have samples of license including patent issues ? I am
working on such problems for a consortium which will develop and distribute
free software. The limitation of the patent license for any use of the
software only on GPL licensed OS is very interesting, I think and can help
patent owners to use opensource software. In fact, because of the exhaustion
of IP rights, it is very dangerous to grant any right on a software because
it may risk to imply a license of the patents covering this software. So it
is very important to limit the scope of such license. what do you think
about such limitations ?

with thanks and regards,
Yann Dietrich
IP/Licensing Legal Counsel