Is inherited class a derivative work?

Bjorn Reese breese at mail1.stofanet.dk
Wed Oct 17 13:05:38 UTC 2001

[ Apologies if multiple copies were sent -- mail server problems ]

Michael Beck wrote:

> I just got a response from FSF lawyers stating that "inheritance is considered
                             ^^^^^^^^^^^
> modifying the library" (see below). My question was related to releasing code
[...]
> > -David "Novalis" Turner,
> > Licensing Question Volunteer,
> > Free Software Foundation

David Turner may have received his reply from a lawyer, but that
is not clear from his reply. Please note that David Turner himself
is not a lawyer, but a programmer, so I would not recommend taking
his reply as legal advice.

http://web.novalis.org/resume.html