Dual license?

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Tue Oct 2 18:55:13 UTC 2001

Patrik Wallstrom wrote:

> Well, both have a copyright notice.

True, but what the copyright notice takes away, the license gives back.
In the U.S., there is a legal requirement that what the Federal
government writes through its own employees (as opposed to what it pays
to have written for it) is P.D.; however the government is a legal
person and can have copyrights assigned to it.  State governments
can copyright their written works.

Not to perambulate             || John Cowan <jcowan at reutershealth.com>
    the corridors               || http://www.reutershealth.com
during the hours of repose     || http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
    in the boots of ascension.  \\ Sign in Austrian ski-resort hotel

license-discuss archive is at http://crynwr.com/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?3

More information about the License-discuss mailing list