Common Public License

Greg Lyons greg_lyons at sil.org
Fri May 4 19:27:53 UTC 2001

IBM Public License and Debian Linux..... Not compatible?At http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/ I find:

"developerWorks hosts a variety of open source projects, all under open source licenses approved by the Open Source Initiative. Many are licensed under the IBM Public License. The Common Public License, which is under review by the OSI, modifies the IPL by removing wording requiring IBM as the original program creator."

I'm afraid I missed any discussion of Common Public License Version 0.5 that may have taken place earlier (nor have I found an archive of this list).  Could someone please give a summary of past discussion on the Common Public License and kind of a status report of where it is in the OSI review/approval process?

Thanks,

-Greg