license <-> copyright

Ravicher, Daniel B. DRavicher at brobeck.com
Fri Mar 2 16:15:35 UTC 2001

Toon,

If you are interested in a comprehensive discussion of U.S. copyright law,
licensing in general, and free/ open-source software licensing specifically,
you can check out an article I recently published on these subjects at:
http://www.vjolt.net/vol5/issue3/v5i3a11-Ravicher.html

Please feel free to comment or criticize.  I'll start by saying that you
shouldn't expect any concrete answers with respect to free/ open-source
software licensing in the United States because no court has ruled on all of
the issues involved.

--Dan

Dan Ravicher
Brobeck