Interesting Microsoft license clause re open source

Ravicher, Daniel B. DRavicher at brobeck.com
Thu Jun 28 01:15:45 UTC 2001

I agree: people can accept a license or abide by copyright law.  But, I must
have phrased my question incorrectly because that wasn't my issue.  I was
responding to your statement that EULA's can not constitute contracts
because one doesn't sign them or verbally say "OK."  I simply asked what you
would say to someone who said open source licenses can't constitute
contracts since they don't either.

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

To reply to our email administrator directly, send an email to postmaster at brobeck.com
BROBECK PHLEGER & HARRISON LLP
http://www.brobeck.com