Interesting Microsoft license clause re open source

Lou Grinzo lgrinzo at stny.rr.com
Mon Jun 25 16:02:38 UTC 2001

Thanks, guys.  I didn't mean to get off on a tangent with the pancakes and
blue socks thing.

But the more important issues, I think, is what's up with MS and this "in
conjunction with" phrasing.  I can't believe that MS's lawyers don't realize
how vague that statement is, which makes it sound suspiciously like an
attempt to intimidate people--i.e. "steer a wide path around anything that
even hints at open or free software, or we'll darken the sky with lawyers."

Take care,
Lou